Master’s in Nursing Education
Complete your online Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator degree at Lourdes University – where “personalized” education is a standard in advanced nursing degree programs.
Be inspired and motivated by a degree program that is dedicated to improving the nursing profession
- Time To Completion: Advance through the graduate program at your pace. Pay a flat-rate tuition each semester and complete the number of courses that best fit your schedule.
- Convenience: Complete your graduate coursework where and when it’s most convenient – morning, afternoon, or evening. There are no set class times or group projects.
- 1:1 Student to Faculty Ratio: Learn from a doctoral level nursing educator. Work one-on-one with your faculty mentor throughout your graduate program.
- Online: The MSN: Nurse Educator program is completely online. There are no set hours or time frames. You determine your pace and when you complete the coursework.
- Savings Opportunity: Because you progress through the graduate program at your own pace and pay a flat tuition rate each semester, you can achieve your MSN degree at a faster pace with an overall cost savings.
For more information, contact Dr. Angela Dunn, Coordinator of Competency-Based Programs, at 419-824-3834
MSN: Nurse Educator
Total Credit Hours: 43
Undergraduate Courses Core
MTH 212 Statistics
Enduring Question course
NUR 300 Foundations in Evidence Based Practice
NUR 460 Concepts in Professional Nursing*
NUR 475 Concepts in Population Focused Nursing
NUR 480 Concepts in Leadership & Management
Sum – Credit Hours: 18
Graduate Courses Core
ENG 670 Graduate Nursing Writing Preparation
NUR 600 Theories and Values for Advanced Nursing
NUR 612 Healthcare Policy in a Diverse Community
NUR 620 Advanced Statistics and Data Analysis
NUR 622 Advanced Nursing Inquiry for Evidence Based Practice
NUR 625 Nursing Informatics
NUR 696 Professional Proposal Design
NUR 698 Nursing Capstone
Sum – Credit Hours: 22
MSN Educator Track
NUR 616 Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan for the Nurse in an Advanced Role
NUR 619 Advanced Physical Assessment Across the Lifespan
NUR 637 Pharmacology Across the Lifespan for Advanced Nursing Role
NUR 640 Perspectives on Teaching & Learning
NUR 643 Curriculum Design
NUR 645 Assessment and Evaluation in Healthcare Education
NUR 692 Practicum in the Advanced Nursing Role – Educator*
Sum – Credit Hours: 21
PROGRAM TOTAL CREDIT HOURS: 61
*Includes a 120 hour supervised clinical practicum